Saturday, June 30, 2007

I'm sitting here doing three things that I don't like that I do: (a) multi-tasking, (b) abusing blog technology to ramble about my day, and (c) doing these things while procrastinating.
I'm blogging on my laptop about yesterday's events while watching The Fellowship of the Ring when I really should be reading any of the four books that I really need to finish this summer.

Yesterday was such a great day! My music students performed in our bi-annual recital.
Teaching music lessons to such wonderful people is just so unfair. How what I do can be called a "job" is really hard for me to see sometimes.
I get to sit down each week and interact with souls created in God's image, made with a desire and ability to learn, grow, express, wonder, emote, conceive and create. I can think of few greater privileges than being able to be a part of that process. It often baffles me that after all I learn from them, at the end of the day they call me teacher. My life is truly blessed!

After the recital, it was quite a relief. When all was finished and we were back home after a long day's work, at about 30 minutes after midnight, eating a cold cheeseburger, savoring a mango wine cooler and watching You've Got Mail on the sofa pull-out was never before so appealing!

No comments: